Lumbar Pain in Madison, OH
Lumbar pain occurs in the lower-most area of the back and may be triggered by moving the hips, legs and lower back. French Chiropractic and Wellness Center in Madison offers treatments for lumbar pain to the residents of Painesville, Mentor and surrounding towns in Ohio.
What Is Lumbar Pain?
Lumbar pain is a condition that affects almost 80% of United States citizens at least once in their lives. Lumbar pain can be classified into three types, based on symptom duration and severity:
In most cases, an exact cause for lumbar pain is never determined, and the pain is normally assumed to be caused by a muscle or joint sprain. However, your doctor may still ask you to describe the severity of the pain, where it is located, and possible triggering events and circumstances.
A number of causes are possible for lumbar pain, and the pain may be located in:
- The lumbar spine
- The spinal cord and nerves
- Discs between vertebrae
- Ligaments around the discs and spine
- Muscles of the lower back
- The skin around the lumbar area
- Internal organs of the lower torso
- A hernia of the groin
- A problem originating in the ovaries or testicles
- Pain coming from other areas such as the mid or upper back
Lumbar pain is not necessarily caused by a single event. Long-standing difficulties with posture can cause lumbar pain. Poor posture may not actually be the cause, but the resulting weakness in muscles can leave the lower back more vulnerable to injury due to movements such as bending down or reaching and stretching to lift something.
Lumbar pain is considered acute if:
- The pain lasts less than three months. Most types of back pain fall into the acute category and are resolved within four to six weeks of self-treatment.
Lumbar pain is considered recurrent if:
- The symptoms return. Most people will suffer at least one recurrent back pain incident.
Lumbar pain is said to be chronic if:
- Your back pain is ongoing for over three months.
What Are The Symptoms Of Lumbar Pain?
Since there are multiple causes for lumbar pain, there are a number of symptoms. Lumbar pain may:
- Be experienced suddenly or gradually
- Be burning, dull, or sharp
- Be experienced at one point or over a general area
- Happen with additional stiffness or muscle spasms
- Result in sciatic nerve symptoms in legs, such as tingling, numbness, or pain. The symptoms may or may not be accompanied by lumbar pain.
What Is The Treatment For Lumbar Pain?
French Chiropractic and Wellness Center uses two forms of spinal decompression including flexion/distraction chiropractic tables, and a spinal decompression table delivering FDA-approved spinal decompression therapy. Manual adjustments by hand or assisted by an instrument are also employed for conservative treatment of lumbar pain.
Chiropractic care focuses restoring proper segmental motion to dysfunctional vertebral regions. This ultimately improves function and flexibility and reduces pain, as pressure is removed from the nerve endings that line the joint’s surface. French Chiropractic and Wellness Center in Madison, Ohio is the leading chiropractic facility in the area for those who suffer from back pain or discomfort. Anyone affected by this condition should schedule an appointment right away to discuss available options to eliminate their pain and enjoy a better life.
Isn’t it time you tried chiropractic care for you and your family? If you are experiencing any of the common symptoms of lumbar pain, please contact our office now to schedule an appointment.