Rehabilitation Exercise in Madison, OH
Rehabilitation exercise improves strength, flexibility, endurance, range of motion and energy levels to enhance healing and improve overall health. French Chiropractic and Wellness Center in Madison offers rehabilitation exercise services to the residents of Painesville, Mentor and surrounding communities in Ohio.
Chiropractic Treatment and Rehabilitation Exercise
One of the best ways to increase the effectiveness of your chiropractic treatment is to combine it with regular exercise. Regardless of your age or the type of injury you may have, increasing the strength and flexibility in the support areas of your body such as your core will help you recover as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Along with improving the rehabilitation process, regular exercise will also help you with almost every other part of your life including reducing your weight, managing stress, increasing your strength, lowering your blood pressure, and reducing your risk of heart disease.
Why Choose Rehabilitation Exercise?
- Your injury may feel as if it is fully healed, but modern studies show that it can often take an entire year to recover completely from even minor injuries. During this period, these small injuries will affect almost every major muscle group, which increases the risk of further injuries.
- Many sports injuries are accompanied by a variety of other issues such as joint, back, and neck problems. Rehabilitation exercise will help you strengthen these areas and improve their range of motion as you heal.
- Some of the injuries that we see here at French Chiropractic and Wellness Center are the results of repetitive movements or years of wear-and-tear. The process of recovering from these types of injuries is much quicker when combined with a long-term and well-designed exercise plan.
Our team believes that almost every patient will benefit from adding exercise to their chiropractic care. This often involves spinal adjustments before or after rehabilitative exercises that will work in conjunction with one another to promote the healing of soft tissue. This comprehensive and multifaceted approach to recovery is not only a positive choice for sports injuries, but also for any injuries stemming from automobile accidents, slip and fall accidents, years of bad posture, improper footwear, improper sleeping habits, or repetitive movements. If the spine and all supporting muscles are working in harmony, then the body will be in the best possible position to heal quickly and prevent future injuries.
Rehabilitation Exercise for Athletes and Sports Injuries
Almost everyone that has experienced a sports injury or an injury from an auto accident will find that their spine and supporting muscles are no longer working efficiently. Even if these parts of the body were not directly injured, they might be overcompensating for the area of the body that is injured, which may lead to further discomfort. Our rehabilitation exercises can be combined with our chiropractic care to treat the body as a whole unit and not autonomous parts. Along with adjusting the spine, we can also assist our patients with a combination of massage therapy and therapeutic exercise to increase your strength as quickly as possible. When the supporting muscles have been strengthened, then the likelihood of injuring your spine or neck will go down dramatically.
There are a number of reasons that it is important for injured patients to not start rehabilitative exercises without being overseen by a professional.
- Our chiropractic team can show you the proper form and technique for each exercise, and this will reduce the chance of re-injuring yourself or creating new injuries.
- Maintaining the proper form for each exercise will actually make every single movement more effective. Understanding the reasoning behind proper form will allow you to do them safely and at your own pace.
There is no single exercise and chiropractic program that will be right for every single patient. Furthermore, what may have worked at the beginning of your rehabilitation may need to be altered at a later point. This is why our team takes the time to track your progress carefully throughout this process. If we find that you are not improving as quickly as we would like, we can offer changes to the program in order to speed up the healing process. This comprehensive system is designed to allow for fast healing while creating an overall healthier and stronger body.
If you have any questions about how you can begin living a healthier and pain-free life, then please contact us today to schedule your own appointment.