Mid-Back Pain in Madison, OH
Mid-back pain causes a sudden or gradual onset of pain in the middle of the back, as well as numbness and weakness. Located in Madison, French Chiropractic and Wellness Center treats the most common causes of mid-back pain for the residents of Painesville, Mentor and surrounding communities in Ohio.
What Is Mid-Back Pain?
While upper back and lower back pain are commonly experienced by people, mid-back pain is not as common. The symptoms of mid-back pain include a dull achy pain or severe sharp pain that radiates through the spine. The condition is very uncomfortable and can lead to a disruption of every day normal activities.
Individuals suffering from mid-back pain may have acute pain that only lasts for a short period of time, or they may have chronic pain that is intense and lasts for a long period of time. While a fracture is a significant cause of mid-back pain, there are a wide range of reasons why a person may be suffering from pain in their mid-back. The only way to determine the source of the pain and the best treatment option is by diagnosing a patient’s symptoms.
What Causes Mid-Back Pain?
Some of the common causes of mid-back pain include:
- A blow to the back, such as one resulting from an automobile accident or some other form of blunt force trauma, can cause mid-back pain
- A blow to the front of the body, such as a rib injury, that is sustained at the level of the mid-back may cause pain in the mid-back
- Mid-back pain can be pain referred from muscles of the shoulders and neck
- Mid-back pain can result from a herniated or ruptured disc
- Osteoporosis leads to a weakening of bones and vertebrae and can be a trigger for mid-back pain
- Spinal stenosis, which leads to a contraction of the spinal canal, can cause mid-back pain
- Arthritis can affect the entire spine or may be localized in the mid-back area
What Are Symptoms of Mid Back Pain?
In addition to the obvious symptoms of having pain in the middle of the back, there are other symptoms that a patient may notice:
- Pain that radiates from the mid-back to the neck, shoulder blades, or ribs
- Breathing may be difficult, and their chest may feel tight, especially when they try to inhale deeply
- Pain may intensify either in the back or in the front of the body when an individual sneezes or coughs
- A sharp pain in the ribs that suddenly appears and just as quickly goes away
What Is the Treatment for Mid-Back Pain?
French Chiropractic and Wellness Center uses two forms of spinal decompression including flexion/distraction chiropractic tables, and a spinal decompression table delivering FDA-approved spinal decompression therapy. Manual adjustments by hand or assisted by an instrument are also employed for conservative treatment of mid back pain.
Chiropractic care focuses restoring proper segmental motion to dysfunctional vertebral regions. This ultimately improves function and flexibility and reduces pain, as pressure is removed from the nerve endings that line the joint’s surface. At French Chiropractic and Wellness Center in Madison, Ohio, we strive to be the premier chiropractic facility in our area. We encourage any who are experiencing back pain or discomfort to make an appointment as soon as possible and let us work with you to create a therapy that will remove your pain and improve your quality of life.
Isn’t it time you tried chiropractic care for you and your family? If you are experiencing any of the common symptoms of mid-back pain, please contact our office now to schedule an appointment.